One night in April, Matt and I were in the living room when we heard a pinging noise. Matt went into our office to find that our computer hard drive had crashed. I started crying b/c all of our pics from March 2006 are saved on that hard drive and NO WHERE ELSE. Nate was born in July 06. Since then, our sweet friend Daniel has been trying to recover pics from our memory cards. I now have all my pics of Nates birth!!! Yeah! We are still missing 3 months in 2007 and 6 months in 2008. Sadly, I have zero pics from Nates 2nd birthday, Halloween 07/08, family vacation to Destin (this one makes me sick), our getaway to NYC without Nate, and many fun pics of just everyday life. We are now trying to decide if we should pay to try to repair the Hard drive. I guess there is a 50% it could work.
I get really sad if I think about losing these pictures. I try to remind myself that these pictures are an earthly treasure (not a bad treasure, but they are still not eternal) and that I still have the best gift, Nathan. And hopefully, Nate will surrender his life to the LORD one day, and we will get to spend eternity together. There are people leaving this world everyday without Christ and I'm worried about pictures...sad.
Still praying that we are able to recover the remaining pics, but trying to have the right perspective along the way.
No comments:
Post a Comment