Well, a lot has happened since my last post.
Nate turned 3 and we celebrated with a great party at Orr Family Farm. During the train ride, he looked up at his dad and said, "This is so much fun!" That little comment made this expensive little party worth every penny.
Nate started swimming by himself (with a life jacket, of course)! One day he decided that he no longer needed me and basically let go and off he went! He would spend hours in the pool swimming back and forth from the shallow end to the deep end. I was thrilled and he was so proud of himself. So, I started doing what every good mother would do....sun tanning poolside! :)
Pregnancy is going great. I cannot wait to meet this precious little girl. Nate can't wait for his little sister to get here either. Every time we go to the Doctor he asks if the Doctor is going to take Ellie Grace out today. Towards the middle/end of August I started having some preterm labor (more like false labor) so they did several Brethine shots (horrible!) and finally just sent me home with the pill form of Brethine. I took this until I hit 36 weeks on an as need basis. So of course, I had convinced myself that she was coming early. However, here I sit 38 weeks pregnant at a 4 and 60% with pretty much nothing happening. Shouldn't I be in hard labor screaming for an epidural right about now? I saw the Doctor today and she said I could be induced on Friday or come back on see her next week. So, after talking it over with Matt we are praying hard that she will come on her own by Friday, but if not she will be here on Friday with a little help! :) We do not like the idea of being induced, but I am so tired (and cranky).
Nate moved into a twin bed a couple weeks ago. He handled this transition like a champ. The first night he slept in his new room, he actually jumped up and down with excitement. He loves his new room/bed!
We also had to put our boxer down a couple weeks ago. She developed a neurological disorder and loss the use of her back legs. It was so hard to see her look so happy yet drag herself around. We were so worried about how Nate would react. I thought a new room, baby sister, and losing a dog might be too hard for him to handle so close together. We finally decided on what we were going to say. We took Nate outside and took some pics and then broke the news to him. He said, "Ok, bye-bye Brindi!" So, he continues to amaze us with how "big" he is. We have now realized that our Lab is also sick and probably won't be with us much longer.
Matt surprised me with a trip to San Antonio (ALONE). We had a wonderful time spending some much needed time together. I absolutely love spending time with my best friend! Thanks Babe!
1 comment:
I know you are probably busy with those 2 kiddos of yours, but you should update your blog with pictures!!! and change your lilypie counter....you are now 41 weeks and 4 days pregnant!! Arent you thankful that isn't true?!?
I hope you are doing great! Pictures please!! :)
Post a Comment